Halloween Recipe Roundup 2017
It’s October again which means it’s time for Halloween!
Did you know that half The Food Brood’s readership comes from the UK and half from the US – two countries that are known for enjoying the Halloween celebrations more than just a bit?! So it’s my great pleasure today to bring you a run down of some fabulous Halloween recipe ideas from other blogs all over the web, all with super scary, creepy and gooey inspiration for how you can make this Halloween’s Trick or Treat the best ever!
1. Indoor S’mores from Nourish Nutrition
I fell in love with s’mores after trying them with some American friends and have always bemoaned how us Brits don’t embrace them the same way! Try these, you won’t be disappointed.
2. Boo-nanas from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Easy white-chocolate covered bananas, perfect for little hands to make!
3. Graveyard Candy Apples from Easy Cooking with Molly
These apples are easy to decorate yet are almost too fabulous to eat!
4. Halloween Popcorn from Culinary Ginger
Everyone loves popcorn and this black and orange Halloween variety is sure to raise a few screams!
5. Halloween Bark from So Very Blessed
I love an easy bark recipe and this Halloween version is both beautiful and delicious. PS: It’s got oreos in it….
6. Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs from Creative Southern Home
We love Harry Potter in our house so we’ll definitely be trying these DIY chocolate frogs come Halloween.
7. Halloween Potato Pizza Mummies from Vegetarian Gastronomy
A tasty and simple recipe to continue the Halloween theme to lunch and dinner too! My little boy would love these!
8. Halloween Cocoa Puff Marshmallow Treats from Umami Girl
I love making cocoa pop (cocoa puff) cakes with my son and so this Halloween version will be right up our street. Plus anything with marshmallows in is OK by us!
9. Naturally Green Peanut Butter Witch Finger Cookies from Veggie Desserts
This has to be the most gross contribution to this recipe round up which means: it’s brilliant! Imagine handing out these to innocent Trick-or-Treat-ers….
10. Pumpkin Spice Oreo Truffles from Mon Petit Four
The whole world seems to have gone Pumpkin Spice mad! If you can drag yourself away from your pumpkin-spice latte long enough, you might like to make these three-ingredient truffles to go with. Wow.
11. Apple Halloween Mummies
Who said ‘healthy’ and ‘halloween’ don’t go together? A great after-school snack still keeping with the theme 🙂
12. Candy Corn Meringue Swirls from The Simple Sweet Life
I’ve never seen candy corn for sale in the UK but it’s huge in the US. This meringue recipe mimics candy corn and its vibrant orange/yellow colour but you could easily substitute any colours you like – why not go green or black too?!
13. Chocolate Peanut Butter Pumpkins from Inside the Rustic Kitchen
I love chocolate and I looooove peanut butter. And when you bite into these scary chocolate pumpkins the peanut butter just oozes out. Oh yes.
14. Ghastly Candy Bark from The Simple Sweet Life
Wooooo! So simple to make and yet so spooky to eat. We’ll be doing this one for sure come Halloween.
15. Halloween Pizza Potato Skins from Three Olives Branch
Urgh! That spider! What a brilliant idea for terrifying – and delicious – Halloween food!
16. Frankenstein Kiwis from Two Healthy Kitchens
Another brilliantly healthy way to do Halloween (and they’re cute too!).
17. Easy Spooky Turmeric White Chocolate from Fearless Dining
Oooh turmeric and white chocolate. Warming and sweet, earthy and creamy. Mmmmm
18. Trick or Treat Red Candy Apples from My Gorgeous Recipes
The original toffee apple (candy apple) is always appropriate for Halloween – or indeed any day you want a sneaky treat!
19. And finally, Allergen Friendly Crispy Treat Pumpkin Bags from My Gluten-Free Miami
If you live in a house with allergies then you’ll know how hard it is to take part in holidays like Halloween. But this blog has you covered!